Berks County Green Party
Monthly Meeting MinutesClick on the month to see the minutes from that meeting
The August 2010 Minutes submitted by Jessica Ashman:
Minutes of the Berks County Green Party Meeting
Good Eatz Cafe
701 Penn Ave.
West Reading, PA
August 8, 2010
Present: Jessica Ashman, Shirley Fisher
Meeting called to order at 7:10 PM.
I. Mel Packer's Race
A. Although it was expected, but still extremely frustrating, Mel Packer's signatures were challenged by opposing Democratic Candidate, Joe Sestak.
1. Members of Mel's campaign wrote letters urging Mr. Sestak to withdraw the challenge and a press release is in the works.
2. Jessica Ashman personally emailed Mr. Sestak to withdraw the challenge.
3. Mel will be speaking publicly on this issue. Details unknown at the present time.
4. Unfortunatley, if Mr. Sestak decides to proceed with the challenge, Mel Packer will drop out of the race due to unaffordable court costs.
II. Kempton Energy Festival, Sept. 17-19, Kempton, PA
A. Jay Sweeney will be contacting Jessica about tabling at this event again this year.
B. Jessica will set up the Green Party table on the 17th, may be able to table the other dates as well.
C. Jay Sweeney will be able to do one day, and Shirley offered to table on Saturday.
III. Phone Calls
A. Jessica still has been calling the Berks Green list in the hopes that new people may start to attend meetings, still no luck.
A. General discussion
1. The gap between the rich and the poor is the widest it's ever been.
2. Many people are struggling to make ends meet, despite working full time jobs, something is wrong with this picture.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35.
VOTERS' CHOICE ACT
Support our PA Green Party Candidates
Copyright 2006 - 2019 Berks County Green Party
Opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Berks County Green Party
FAIR USE NOTICE: Some of the articles and images on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of different issues related to this site. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.