Berks County Green Party
Monthly Meeting MinutesClick on the month to see the minutes from that meeting
The January 2012 Minutes submitted by Jessica Ashman:
Minutes of the Berks Green Party Meeting
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Cucina Cafe inside the Goggle Works
201 Washington St.
Present: Jessica Ashman, Shirley Fisher, Anthony DeFreitas, Patricia Yahn, Ben Brown, Dave Kurzweg (for part of meeting)
Meeting Called to Order: 6:45 PM
I. Occupy Reading
A. As a conicidence, the Occupy Reading Group also meets at the Goggle Works (every Tuesday at 6PM.)
B. Dave Kurzweg (Berks Green) invited the BCGP to listen in on their meeting.
C. Humanitaria Group in Solidarity with the Occupy Movement
D. Core Principles
1. People are more important than profit
2. Money does not belong in politics
3. Assisting in communities' growth
4. Corporations are not people
5. Protesting in a nonviolent way
6. Bringing an end to the exploitation of Earth and its people
E. Public Standouts
1. Fridays at 12PM - 2PM at 6th and Penn Sts. and Fridays from 4PM - 6Pm at the Penn St. Bridge
F. Occupy Reading can be Found
1. Facebook or Twitter
2. their website - www.occupyreading.org
3. Email them - firstname.lastname@example.org
G. Looking for Sponsors
1. The GP of the US supports the Occupy Movement.
2. Berks Greens support the Occupy Reading Movement.
H. Important website - movetoamend.org
II. Berks Green Party Meeting - Part One
A. Dave updated the group - Jill Stein to run as a Green Party presidential candidate for the Green Party of the US.
B. Jessica informed the group that the GP State Convention will be held in March (exact dates on website) in Lancaster (location TBA).
C. Jessica gave the history of the Berks Green Party since her membership to the new members of the group, and where the Berks Greens are today, and encouraged them to join mailing lists, distributed brochures.
III. BGPM - Part Two
A. To Do List
1. Anthony - Outreach
a. Shirly and Jessica couldn't agree more.
2. Jessica ans Shirley - finding local candidates - always a top priority.
a. Anthony suggested putting together a video of all 3rd party news clips, documenatary clips, etc. into a colloborative video to expose on youtube and/or distribute as a video.
4. Trash Pick Up (see IV. City of Reading)
IV. The city of Reading
A. Anthony suggested making a video on the current state of the City of Reading, revealing areas where it's trash ridden, houses are vacant, and people live on the border of poverty.
B. Reading is one of the poorest cities per capita in the nation - Berks Greens need to help!
C. Weekly Trash Pick Up - Various Locations throughout the city, need to organize this, and make sure people are on board.
D. The problem with welfare - people collect money without contributing to the community.
1. Anthony - start a petition - welfare recepients must participate in Trash Pick up or other community services.
2. Jessica - Welfare employees job responsibilies must also include helping to find jobs.
a. This could increase employment in the welfare department.
V. Wrap Up
A. Spoke with some members Occupy Reading
1. Agreed to colloborate on events, works in progress, etc.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:55 PM
VOTERS' CHOICE ACT
Support our PA Green Party Candidates
Copyright 2006 - 2017 Berks County Green Party
Opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Berks County Green Party
FAIR USE NOTICE: Some of the articles and images on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of different issues related to this site. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.