Berks County Green Party
Monthly Meeting MinutesClick on the month to see the minutes from that meeting
The September 2013 Minutes submitted by Jessica Ashman:
Berks County Green Party Meeting
The Goggle Works
201 Washington St.
September 10, 2013
Present: Jessica Ashman, Shirley Fisher, Nolan Hartzell
Meeting Called to Order: 6:35 PM
A. Justin Hill
1. Decided to run for a position next election cycle.
B. Medical Marijuana
1. Local story in Reading Eagle about a girl with seizures.
2. Docotors recommend medical marijuana, but it is still illegal in the state of PA.
3. Tom Corbett already said he will veto any bill that asks to legalize the plant.
4. Until he is no longer governor, medical marijuana will not be legal in PA, and then after that, who knows how long it could be.
a. Meanwhile, he is continuing to cut funding for education!
b. You could TAX the plant to bring more money into the state!
5. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, tobacco, and some prescription drugs, yet, here we are.
C. Obama Care
1. Although all Americans deserve affordable healthcare, not sure if Obama Care is the best route.
2. Fining people and companies for not having health care is not constitutional, most of them can't afford it, that's why they don't have it.
3. Not fair for small businesses just getting by, or people with low incomes.
4. The economy needs to get straightened out first before we start making people buy healthcare.
Meeting adjourned: 6:50 PM
VOTERS' CHOICE ACT
Support our PA Green Party Candidates
Copyright 2006 - 2018 Berks County Green Party
Opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Berks County Green Party
FAIR USE NOTICE: Some of the articles and images on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of different issues related to this site. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.