Berks County Green Party
Monthly Meeting MinutesClick on the month to see the minutes from that meeting
The November 2013 Minutes submitted by Jessica Ashman:
Minutes of the Berks Green Party Meeting
November 12, 2013
Mi Casa Su Casa (formerly Cucina Cafe)
(located inside the Goggle Works)
201 Washington St.
Reading, PA 19601
Present: Jessica Ashman, Shirley Fisher, Alex Gillette
Meeting called to Order at 6:40 PM
A. Newspaper Articles
1. Shirley brought two articles from the Reading Eagle involving third party issues.
a. First was more general, stating the difference between a political party and political bocy.
b. Second article was called "More want third party, poll finds."
1. Some see opportunity, movements face uphill battle.
B. Alex Gillette, chair of Philadelphia Greens
1. Change meeting venue to restaurants/bars to possibly attract more members.
2. Very important to get younger people involved.
3. Ballot Access.
a. Should be the Green Party's main focus right now state wide and by county.
b. Big obstacle - but most be overcome to preserve the party.
c. Write letters to editors about the Voters Choice Act as well as the challenges third parites face when running campaigns.
1. Alex has done so in the Philly area, Jessica will write one to the Reading Eagle, Shirley has done so in the past.
d. Give out Alex's cards - firstname.lastname@example.org to spread the word.
e. Start tabling at local events in the Spring, including the West Reading Farmers Market.
f. Shirley and Jessica will visit State Rep. Frank Caltgirone to discuss his position on the Voters Choice Act.
g. Get involved with Rotary Clubs for speaking engagements on the VCA.
C. Ballot Access Display in Norristown
1. Alex, along with the Philly Greens set up a display in Norristown this past June to get the word out to the general public.
2. Also stressed voter registration, and getting younger people to register Green.
D. State meeting in Harrisburg this Saturday.
1. Shirley will be attending, Alex and Jessica will not.
E. Campaign Finance Reporting Law
1. Alex had a few brochures on this , told Shirley to write to the Department of State, they will send a bunch.
1. Important to do the research, people will donate money to the Green Party if you find the right people.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:20 PM
VOTERS' CHOICE ACT
Support our PA Green Party Candidates
Copyright 2006 - 2019 Berks County Green Party
Opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the Berks County Green Party
FAIR USE NOTICE: Some of the articles and images on this site contain copyrighted material whose use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making this material available in an effort to advance the understanding of different issues related to this site. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use such copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.